I'm Rick Fisher, a professional photographer. As you can see from my website, although I can take a wide variety of images, my primary focus is people, pets and places.
Here are some pertinent facts giving you my background:
- Since 1966, when I served as High School Photographer in my senior year, I have been deeply interested in photography.
- Since 2011, I give 100% of my profits to charity. I take no compensation for my work. After retiring, I decided to devote my photographic efforts to raise money for charities by providing photography products and services. I have donated about $180,000 to charity since making this decision. I also do photography for nonprofits at no charge.
- I charge reasonable rates for high quality work.
- I work extremely hard to understand what my clients want and what they like so I can deliver these results for them.
- I receive high marks from my clients. "The kids had a good time". Google reviews include comments from past clients.
I spend significant time investing in education to keep myself at the forefront of the changing technological information and software to keep my skills and knowledge current.
My family consists of my wife of thirty-seven years, two children, two grandchildren—and two Labrador retrievers.
The focus on my photography business includes:
People and pets: I spend the largest amount of time on individual, family and pet portraiture. I can go anywhere to capture your family in that special place. I shoot images for both smaller and larger wall decor. Examples of these images are included in the People and Pet Portraits galleries.
Engagements/Bridal portraits: I do marriage proposals, engagement portraits and bridal portraits - both in my studio and outside. I no longer photography weddings.
Sports/Other: I photograph sporting events, and sports portraits.
Nature/Travel: Because I enjoy nature and travel photography, I travel extensively to cover photographic interests.
I’m a member of the Professional Photographers of North Carolina, the Professional Photographers of America, and am the founder and current president of the Durham Photography Club. I have taught photography at the Sarah P.Duke Gardens, the Museum of Life & Science in Durham, the Trinity School in Durham and offer a number of seminars and workshops independently. I also provide photography talks to organizations.
When I am not serving as a professional photographer, I have served as a volunteer photographer for the the Durham Rescue Mission, Downtown Durham, Inc., and the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, where I have served as a member of Executive Committee of the Advisory Board. In addition, I am the past chair of the Durham Master Gardeners, am the founder and former chair of the Durham Garden Forum, am a past president of the Treyburn Homeowners Association and served as vice chair of the Durham Chamber of Commerce for several years.
Please give me a call at 919-599-5585 or email me at rick@rickfisherSphotography.com.